Learners will be guided to get on-board the blockchain and cryptocurrency space through hands-on activities and live demonstrations such as creating your own Bitcoin wallet, steps and requirements needed to register on a cryptocurrency exchange.
- Understand how blockchain and cryptocurrency work
- Explore the blockchain and cryptocurrency scene in Singapore and be aware of the latest updates and developments such as in the innovation and regulatory space
- Kickstart your journey in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space through hands-on activities and live demos such as creating a Bitcoin wallet and guide to registering an account on a cryptocurrency exchange
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who is keen to jumpstart their journey in cryptocurrency & blockchain
Learners need to have at least 1 working laptop with internet connection. No credit or certification prerequisites required to take this course.
2 Days; 4 hours per day
Live classes on Zoom
Introduction to blockchain and cryptocurrency
- What is cryptography?
- What is blockchain?
- What is cryptocurrency?
- Introduction to the world’s top 2 cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin & Ethereum
- Introduction to consensus mechanisms
What’s happening in Singapore?
- Current blockchain innovations and initiatives in Singapore
- Singapore blockchain scene: Associations, job portals and trade groups to take note of
How you can get started
- Setting up your own Bitcoin and Ethereum wallet on blockchain
- Hands-on activity: Step-by-step guide to creating your own Bitcoin and Ethereum wallet
- Guide to purchasing your first cryptocurrency
- How to sign up an account on a centralized exchange – general information needed for the registration process
- How to buy & sell crypto in Singapore
- Keeping your crypto assets safe: The importance of security
- Intro to crypto trading
- Introduction to exchange trading interface – what is a trading book, what is market buy/sell, what is limit order
- Intro to staking
- Intro to Defi
Exploring the future
- Current trends in the blockchain & crypto industry
- Barriers to adoption
- Future outlook for cryptocurrency and blockchain
*Course outline is non-exhaustive and serves only as a reference. There may be updates made to the actual course content and flow based on learners’ requirements and feedback
Next batch intake schedule
26 June 2021 (Saturday): 10am to 12pm, 1pm to 3pm
3 July 2021 (Saturday): 10am to 12pm, 1pm to 3pm
Bonus session for QA/additional troubleshooting
1 July 2021 (Thursday): 8pm to 10pm
SGD 168 per pax
Get 15% off for both you and your friend when you refer a friend! Email us at email@example.com for buddy promotion discounted pricing