In conjunction with NTUC LearningHub
Note: As the blockchain and cryptocurrency scene moves fast and is constantly evolving, do note that there will be updates and slight changes to the actual course conducted to bring you the latest in blockchain
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of blockchain technology and its key utility and benefits
- Learn about the real world utility value of blockchain technology and its potential in growing and evolving the financial industry, specifically in facilitating cross border payment through case studies
- Explore blockchain technology opportunities and business scenarios for the cross border payments industry through interactive role-playing activities
No credit or certification pre-requisites required to take this course.
According to a recent report from US-based market research firm International Data Corporation (IDC), global blockchain spending will account for almost $2.9 billion in 2019, which is an 88.7 percent increase from 2018. Cross border payments & settlements has been reported as the top blockchain use case that will receive the most investment ($453 million) in 2019, highlighting increasing awareness of blockchain technology’s usefulness and potential for this sector.
The current cross-border payments model is ripe for disruption, with its high transaction costs and reliance on corresponding banks and partners. We explore how blockchain technology can help to enhance this model through insightful sharing, real world case studies and interactive activities.
This 1-day course will introduce you to blockchain technology use cases and benefits for the financial industry, specifically for cross border payments.
More importantly, the course will instil in you an active learning spirit, and hopefully encourage further exploration of blockchain technology and the opportunities it entails for the payments industry.
Who Should Attend
- Finance Professionals
- Aspiring PMEs
- Anyone who is keen to explore more about blockchain technology and how it will disrupt cross border payments
1 Day / 8 Hours (including 1 hr of assessment)
What is Blockchain Technology
- Clearing common misconceptions: Blockchain = Bitcoin = Cryptocurrency?
- Introduction to blockchain technology and its use cases
- Introduction to cryptocurrencies and its use cases
Is the payments industry ripe for disruption?
- Current situation in the payments industry
- Landscape of cross-border payments
- Real life case studies examples (cross border payments industry players)
- Problems and limitations
Why blockchain technology makes sense for the payments industry
- How the features of blockchain technology can enhance the current system
- Benefits of utilizing blockchain technology
How blockchain technology can be used for the payments industry
- Real life case studies (payments industry players utilising blockchain industry and new startup players)
- Reach and limitations of blockchain applications
What the future holds
- The future for blockchain technology and the payments industry
- Trends and predictions
- Next steps
To encourage active learning, the 1 day course will include class activities such as small group discussions and presentations
Mode of Assessment
- Written Assessment
Blockchain Certification Obtained and Conferred by
You will be awarded a certificate which will be stored and verified on blockchain – NTUC LearningHub Certificate of Completion for Blockchain for Cross Border Payments
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee Ratio is 1:30
hi there, i would like to find out if this course is conducted online?
Yes, the course is conducted online via Zoom
When will the course be available?
Hi Xh, please check with our partner NTUC LHUB on this, you can fill up an enquiry form on their website. thanks!